The Atlantic Cape Community College Board of Trustees conducted their monthly meeting Tuesday, April 2 at the Atlantic City campus. The following motions were approved by the Board:
- Submission of an application to Atlantic City Community Fund (ACCF) to advance enrichment activities for Atlantic City residents ages 8 to 14, requesting a grant of $5,000, over the anticipated term of October 1, 2019 through August 31, 2020.
Contracts and Purchases
- Bid 1848 Exterior Wayfinding Signage, Allied Signage Corporation, Farmingdale, NJ, Chapter 12 and R&R Funding, $295,400.00
- Termination of the Graphic Information Systems Office Specialist Professional Series program effective Fall 2019.
- Termination of the Geographic Information Systems Option in Computer Information Systems, A.S. effective Fall 2019.
- Approved the nomenclature change from Elementary/Middle School Education Option in Liberal Arts, A.A., to K-12 Education Option in Liberal Arts, A.A. effective, Fall 2019.
- Termination of the Secondary Education Option in Liberal Arts, A.A. degree effective Fall 2019.
- Adding the offering the Baking and Pastry Option, Culinary Arts, A.A.S. effective Fall 2019.
- Termination of the Baking and Pastry, A.A.S. degree effective Fall 2019.
- Termination of four ACA professional series programs (Baking and Pastry Specialization, Catering Specialization, Food Service Management Specialization, Hot Foods Specialization), effective Fall 2019.
- Termination of the Computer Applications Option in Office Systems Technology, A.A.S. degree effective Fall 2019.
- Termination of the Database Design and Development Option in Computer Programming, A.A.S. degree effective Fall 2019.
- Termination of the Paralegal Studies Certificate program effective Fall 2019.
- The appointment of Jessica Brown, Program Coordinator, Center for Student Success, effective April 3, 2019.
- The transfer of William Smith from Security Officer I to Security Officer I/Dispatcher, Public Safety effective April 3, 2019.
- The title change of Anita Polanco, from Assistant Director, Educational Opportunity Fund to Assistant Director, Center for Student Success and Director, Educational Opportunity Fund effective April 3, 2019.
- The extension of Robyn Berenato, Temporary Office Assistant, Admissions.
- The sabbatical leave of Judith Otterburn-Martinez, Associate Professor, English as a Second Language, a one semester leave for the Spring 2020.
- The resignation of Nicholas Alexander, Technician, Information Technology Services retroactive to March 29, 2019.
- The retirement of Mrs. Dolores Giannini, Office Coordinator, Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF), effective June 30, 2019. Mrs. Giannini has been with Atlantic Cape since May 16, 1991.
- FY19 Financial Statement for eight months ended February 28, 2019.
- Tuition and Fee Schedule for FY 2020, which includes a $14 per credit increase in general education tuition and mandatory fees.
- The FY 2019-2020 revenue budget contingent on the Board of School Estimate approval of county appropriations of $8,621,346 for the college’s fiscal year 2019-2020.
- Submittal the list of renovations and upgrades for funding from the Chapter 12 FY 2020 allocation at a sum not to exceed $3.1 million.
- An Honorary Resolution of approval of Freeholder E. Marie Hayes to deliver the keynote address at the 52nd Annual Commencement Ceremony on May 23, 2019.
- A Resolution to recognize April 2019 as Atlantic Cape Community College Month.
The next regularly scheduled meeting of the Board of Trustees is scheduled for Tuesday, April 30 at 6 p.m. at the Mays Landing campus.