The Atlantic Cape Community College Board of Trustees conducted their monthly meeting on Tuesday, May 22, at the Cape May County Campus.
The following motions were approved by the Board of Trustees:
Contracts and Purchases:
- T.L. Groseclose Associates for student insurance, accident and catastrophic for sports
- Three-year contract with Shore Medical Center based on the students’ fees for the Radiologic classes.
- RFP 219 – Audit services, two-year contract, $81,600, with Bowman & Company, LLP, Woodbury.
- OQ161 – CE Guide Printing, $18,075.22, Engle Printing & Publishing, Mount Joy, Pennsylvania.
- Contract extension of U.S. Security Associates, Inc. from July 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018 up to $200,000 for this six-month period.
- Revision to the Cape May Campus Student Success Center at a cost not to exceed $120,000.
- Submission of an application to the Emil Buehler Perpetual Trust, requesting a grant of $200,000 in order to purchase drone teaching equipment, over the anticipated term of Jan. 1 2019 through Dec. 31, 2019.
- Submission of an application to the Gladys Brooks Foundation, requesting a grant of $100,000 for endowment funds for scholarships for female students pursuing degrees and certifications in STEM, including aviation, over the anticipated term of Sept. 1, 2018 through Aug. 31, 2019.
- Submission of an application to the State of New Jersey Dept. of Labor and Workforce Development’s Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Title II, Adult Education and Family Literacy Consolidated Adult Basic Skills and Integrated English Literacy and Civics Education Grant Programs, Fiscal Year 2019 to provide adult basic education, literacy, and English as a second language services in Atlantic County and Cape May County, applying for these funds as a single entity in Atlantic County and as a lead agency with Cape May County Technical School District as a partner in Cape May County, requesting a continuation grant of $450,060 for Atlantic County and a continuation grant of $163,380 for Cape May County, over the term of July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019.
In Personnel Matters, the Board Approved:
- The promotion of Svetlana Marzelli, from associate professor, Computer Information Systems, to professor, Computer Information Systems, effective Sept. 4, 2018.
- The promotion of Jolie Master, from assistant professor, Biology, to associate professor, Biology, effective Sept. 4, 2018.
- The resignation of Janet Marler, associate dean, Academic Support Services effective June 1, 2018.
- Reclassification of Dorothy Filomena from science lab assistant, Science to science lab specialist, Science.
- Reclassification of Amanda McCullough from public relations/social media specialist, College Relations, to public relations/social media manager, College Relations.
- Reclassification of Caesar Niglio, master technician, Student Affairs.
In Other Business, the Board:
- Approved policy #27 – College Social Media Policy.
- Approved the FY18 Financial Statement for ten months ended April 30, 2018.
- Approved the tuition and fee schedule incorporating Radiology course fees and setting a tuition rate for concurrent courses taught on high school premises commencing with summer session FY 2019.
The next meeting of the Atlantic Cape Community College Board of Trustees is scheduled for 6 p.m. on June 26, 2018 at the Mays Landing Campus.