The Atlantic Cape Community College Board of Trustees conducted their monthly meeting on Tuesday, April 24, at the Mays Landing Campus. Among other business, the Board unanimously approved a grant of $224,761 from the National Science Foundation for Atlantic Cape’s “Unmanned Aircraft Systems Operations and Maintenance Education and Training Project.” This grant’s term is from July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2021 and will provide funding for advance technician training in the rapidly evolving field of small commercial unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), commonly referred to as “drones.”
The Board also approved the establishment of a Criminal Justice Certificate program that will be available to all students starting in the Fall 2018 semester.
Additionally, the following motions were approved by the Board of Trustees:
Contracts and Purchases:
- RFP215-Website Redesign, $190,275.00, FY18 College Relations, Beacon Technologies, Inc., Greensboro, North Carolina
- Bid 1838-Parking Lot resurface and lighting, Worthington Atlantic City Campus, $373,793.90, Chapter 12, Arthur R. Henry, Egg Harbor Township
- Bid Ex 799, Postage Meter, 5-year contract, $56,366.40, FY19-23 Mailroom, Pitney Bowes, Riverside
- Bid Ex 800, Sim Jr, $60,634.64, FY18 Perkins Funds, Laerdal Medical Group, Wappingers Falls, New York
In Personnel Matters, the Board Approved:
- The appointment of Clifton Sudler, director, security and public safety, effective April 30, 2018.
- The re-appointment of Curtis Andrews, assistant professor, social science.
- The resignations of Kathryn Flynn, assistant director, health, safety and compliance, retroactive to April 17, 2018 and Shawn Gorman, graphic artist, college relations, retroactive to April 20, 2018.
In Other Business, the Board:
- Approved the FY18 Financial Statement for nine months ended March 31, 2018.
- Approved the offering the Medical Laboratory Technology, associate in applied science degree effective Fall 2018.
- Approved an honorary Associate in Science degree to Ms. Lori Herndon in recognition of her admirable service to Atlantic Cape as the keynote speaker at our 51st annual commencement ceremony.
- Approved an honorary posthumous Associate in Science degree in general studies to Mr. Robert “Bob” Benner in recognition of his educational persistence and admirable service to Atlantic Cape.
- Approved The Named Giving Opportunity for the David Evans Veterans Center at the Mays Landing Campus.
- Approved to further amend the College’s FY18 Perkins grant budget, specifically related to revisions for equipment, referenced as Bid Ex 800 in Contracts and Purchases.
- Approved the acceptance of a grant from Easton Sports Development Foundation II, 2018 Collegiate Archery Grant Program, in the amount of $500, dated April 2, 2018, to help to support travel costs for the team’s intended trip to the 2018 National Collegiate Championships in Newberry, Florida in May 2018.
The next meeting of the Atlantic Cape Community College Board of Trustees is scheduled for 6 p.m. on May 22, 2018 at the Cape May County Campus.