The Atlantic Cape Community College Board of Trustees conducted their monthly meeting on Tuesday, March 27, at the Charles D. Worthington Atlantic City Campus. The highlight of the March meeting was the resolution bestowing Dr. Louise Kaplan of Mays Landing with the rank of Professor Emerita.
In Board business, the following motions were approved:
Contracts and Purchases:
- Sim View System, $89,730.18, FY18 Perkins Funds, Laerdal Medical Group, Wappingers Falls, New York
- Architectural Services, Building A, $69,640.00, Chapter 12 Funds, Spiezle Architectural Group, Hamilton, New Jersey
- Architectural Services, Building C & Library, $12,000.00 Repair and Replacement Funds, Michael W. Kolchins, Architect, Mays Landing, New Jersey
- Architectural Services, Building C Roof, $45,000.00, Chapter 12 Funds, CB Architect, Ventnor, New Jersey
- Engineering Services, Signage, $24,900.00, Chapter 12 and Renovation & Repair, Spiezle Architectural Group, Hamilton, New Jersey
- Electric power contracts for the period Aug. 1, 2019 to July 31, 2021
- South Jersey Electric, Primary Account – $0.05564 per kWh (24 months)
- Constellation New Energy, Secondary Accounts – $0.07200 per kWh (24 months)
In Personnel Matters, the Board Approved:
- Notice of Layoff effective March 27, 2018-Layoff is due to the significant decline in student enrollment and is in accordance with Article XIII of the ACCCOSAP bargaining unit agreement- two notices.
In Other Business, the Board:
- Eliminated the following Policies:
- Policy No. 200-Dean of Students Office
- Policy No. 704 Sources of Supply for Purchasing
- Policy No. 405 Relations with Supplier
- Approved the FY18 Financial Statement for eight months ended February 28, 2018.
- Upon the recommendation of the Emeritus Committee and the President, that Dr. Louise Kaplan be granted the rank of Professor Emerita, with full rights and privileges of Emerita.
The next meeting of the Board of Trustees will be held at 6 p.m., Tuesday, April 24, at the Mays Landing Campus, Room J-202.