The Atlantic Cape Community College Board of Trustees conducted their monthly meeting on Tuesday, Feb. 27 at the Mays Landing Campus.
Contracts and Agreements Approved:
- Bid 1837-Science Supplies, FY18 – Science: VWR, Rochester, New York, $19,904.67, Frey Scientific, Lancaster, PA, $4,723.44, Bio Corporation, Alexandria, Minnesota, $3,544.23;
- Bid OQ157- Microsoft Campus License, $30,081.67, FY18-19 Information Technology Zones, Inc., Auburn, Washington.
In Grant Matters, the Board:
- Approved amending the College’s FY18 Perkins grant budget, specifically related to revisions in needs and pricing.
- Approved submission of an application from Easton Foundations/USA Archery for a travel grant to support the team’s intended trip to the 2018 National Collegiate Championships in Newberry, Florida in May 2018.
- Approved the partnership in the application being submitted by Rutgers University Marucci Blueberry and Cranberry Research and Extension Center to the USDA SCRI program, with deadline of March 16, 2018, requesting a subgrant of up to $500,000 to Atlantic Cape for development of fieldwork learning activities for the collection of geospatial and agriculture data collection by Atlantic Cape students over the anticipated term of July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2022.
In Other Business, the Board approved:
- A transfer of $17,067.60 from Unexpended Plant Fund Balance to the Current Unrestricted Fund.
- Renaming Policy No. 8 and endorse the Faculty Transition to Retirement Program.
- FY18 Financial Statement for seven months ended January 31, 2018.
- The Tuition and Fee Schedule for FY 2019 which includes an increase of tuition and fees of 5.85%, a semester average increase of $116.80 for a full time student.
- The FY 2018-2019 revenue budget contingent on the Board of School Estimate approval of county appropriations of $8,535,828 for the college’s fiscal year 2018-2019.
- Proposed renovations and upgrades for funding from the Chapter 12 FY 2019 allocation at a sum not to exceed $6.1 million.
- Adoption of Policy language and hereby amends the Lodging of Policy section of the Board of Trustee Bylaws to enable the Board to adopt policies in a single reading.
In personnel news, the Board approved:
- The appointment of Heriberto Afanador, technician, Information Technology Services, effective February 28, 2018.
- The issuance of notices of layoff to select members of the Atlantic Cape Community College Organization of Supervisory and/or Administrative Personnel, ACCCOSAP.
- The Board approved reappointments in the following area: Supervisory and Administrative Personnel in the Bargaining Unit; Exempt Supervisory and Administrative Personnel; Faculty without tenure beginning July 1, 2018.
- Assistant Professor Richard Russell earns tenure with the approved reappointments for FY 2019.
Board Development Honorees:
- The Board of Trustees of Atlantic Cape Community College hereby extends to Dr. Richard Stepura its appreciation for service to the Board, the College, and its students.
- The Board of Trustees of Atlantic Cape Community College hereby extends to Professor Svetlana Marzelli its appreciation for going above and beyond to service the needs of our community.
- The Board of Trustees of Atlantic Cape Community College hereby extends to Professor Ethel “Effie” Russell its sincere congratulations on receiving the American Association of Community Colleges Faculty Distinction Recognition.
The next meeting of the Board of Trustees will be held at 6 p.m., Tuesday, March 20, at the Charles D. Worthington Atlantic City Campus, Room 204.