The Atlantic Cape Community College Board of Trustees met on Tuesday, Dec. 19 at the Mays Landing Campus and approved the following resolutions.
The Board approved the following contracts:
- Bid Ex. 792-Software purchase plus 5 year support contract $308,173.00, FY18-FY23, Ellucian Company, Fairfax, VA;Bid Ex. 793-Desktop computers, state contract, $47,225.00, FY18 Perkins Funds, Ocean Computer Group, Matawan, New Jersey; Bid Ex.795-Labor Negotiations, $25,000.00, Blaney & Karavan, Avalon, New Jersey; RFP 212-Consulting Services, $70,800.00(not to exceed), FY18 Consent Decree, Interactive Accessibility, Sudbury, Maryland.
- Extending the contract to U. S. Security Associates, Inc. to June 30, 2018 at a total cost not to exceed $1,045,000.00 including an increase of $195,000.00 for this extension and a total of $420,000.00 for fiscal year 2017-2018.
For resolutions to Board of Trustee bylaws, the Board of Trustees approved:
- The charge for the Marketing Committee and hereby revises the Bylaws to be inclusive of the statement.
- The Board of Trustees Policy #107 for clarity and to be now known as Adjunct Credit Tuition Waivers.
- The adoption of Policy #513 – Institutional Review Board.
The Board of Trustees Approved Annual Financial Report:
The board approved its annual financial report for the year ended June 30, 2017 and accepted the FY 17 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, following a report from Fred Catalbiano, partner of Bowman & Company LLP of Voorhees, the college’s audit firm.
Catalbiano reviewed highlights of the report, noting his firm had issued “an unmodified or ‘clean’ opinion for the financial statements,” and there was no audit findings or recommendations.
On behalf of the board, Dave Coskey, board chair, thanked Leslie Jamison, Dean of Finance and members of her staff for the “clean” audit.
In addition, the board approved the FY18 Financial Statement for five months ended Nov. 30, 2017.
In personnel news, the Board approved:
- The appointment of Scott Griffin, manager, Workforce Solutions, Workforce Development effective Jan. 2, 2018 at an annual salary of $45,718.
- The retirement Joseph Krafft, assistant professor, Nursing, Mays Landing
Campus since Aug. 30, 2010, effective June 30, 2018.
- The retirement Ms. Anna Simmons, office coordinator, College Relations,
Mays Landing Campus since 1994, effective June 30, 2018.
- And recognized Heather Fischer for her outstanding service to the College, and congratulates Heather Fischer on becoming Atlantic Cape’s 2018 Employee of the Year.
- Approved the issuance of notices of layoff to members of the Academy of Culinary Arts Faculty Association due to a natural diminution of the number of students in programs offered by the Academy of Culinary Arts.
The next Board of Trustees meeting is scheduled for Jan. 23, 2018 at 6 p.m. at the Cape May County Campus.