The Grants Office, which is part of the Resource Development Department, works with faculty and staff to submit grant proposals seeking funding for a diverse range of priority Atlantic Cape projects. We are pleased to collaborate with all departments of the college in pursuing grants that help to fulfill Atlantic Cape’s mission.
Recent grants to Atlantic Cape Community College
Highlights of grants received in Fall 2017 are:
- The Odessa and Henry Kahrs Trust in support of the college’s Center for Accessibility
- The New Jersey Office of the Secretary of Higher Education and the New Jersey Council on County College’s College Readiness Now program in support of the college’s work with high school students to prepare them for college success
- The Edward W. and Stella C. Van Houten Memorial Fund in support of scholarships for nursing students
Free training on Jan. 23, 2018 — “Introduction to Finding Grants”
Atlantic Cape employees interested in learning more about grant seeking are invited to attend a free training on “Introduction to Finding Grants” being offered by the Nonprofit Resource Center, a program of the college library hosted at the Cape May County Campus. This event will be from 9- 10 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 23, at the Cape May County Campus library.
Attendees will become more familiar with our Funding Information Network (FIN) Foundation Directory databases and learn the 10 most important things to know about finding grants, including:
- Who funds nonprofits and what are their motivations;
- What funders really want to know about the organizations they are interested in funding; and
- How to identify potential funders and make the first approach.
RSVP is required – please email the FIN Coordinator at email@example.com to let us know if you plan to attend.