The Atlantic Cape Community College Board of Trustees appointed officers at its annual reorganization meeting on Nov. 28. The Board unanimously reappointed Chairperson Dave Coskey, Vice Chairperson Maria Mento,
Treasurer James Kennedy and Board Secretary Jean McAlister. Their terms run until November 2018. The Board also approved their regular meeting schedule for 2017-2018 and set official banking depositories.
The addition of Hospitality Management Certificate program and the drop of Paralegal Studies, A.S. degree, both effective Fall 2018, was approved by the Board. The Board also approved the FY 17 Draft Financial Statement and the FY 18 Financial Statement through October 31, 2017.
In Personnel Action, the Board:
- Appointed Sean Leidy as housekeeper I, Facilities effective November 29, 2017
- Appointed Joseph Rooney, director, Admissions and Recruitment effective December 4, 2017
- Reclassified Tim Cliggett, maintenance mechanic I
- Accepted the resignation of Reeva Salkin, assistant professor, Nursing effective December 31, 2017.
- Accepted the transfer from Reassignment to Recall, Pamela Baker, Testing Assistant, retroactive to October 22, 2017.
- Approved Reinstatement of Pamela Baker, library technician, Academic Support Services, retroactive to November 21, 2017.
- Accepted Transfer of Valerie Weller, from program coordinator, Academy of Culinary Arts to program coordinator, Academic Affairs effective December 4, 2017.
In Other Business, the Board:
- Approved the Marketing Committee Charge, adding it to the bylaws
Approved the memorandums of agreements with the TLC Association, ACAFA, ACCCOSAP and SSAACCC for payment of unused sick leave at time of retirement no later than June 30, 2018.
- Approved resolution for payment of unused sick leave for exempt personnel at time of retirement no later than June 30, 2018.
- Officially recognized Trustee Mary O’Brien Long of Cape May, thanking her for her nineteen years as a Board member and her dedication to the College and the Students.
The next meeting of the Board of Trustees will be held at 6 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. 19, at the Mays Landing Campus, Room 202. All are welcome to attend.