Tomorrow, Tuesday, Nov. 29, is a BIG day…It’s GivingTuesday. A global day of giving that encourages philanthropy and celebrates generosity around the world! Tomorrow, Atlantic Cape joins this international movement with #GivingOpporTuesday and we want you to be part of this exciting effort! Check it out at atlantic.edu/foundation.
Our goal is to create a scholarship fund of $50,000 in celebration of the Atlantic Cape’s 50th Anniversary. We can reach our goal if you and 1,999 other people donate $25 each. That’s all we need is $25 from 2,000 donors to reach $50,000 for Atlantic Cape students. I believe, and I hope you agree, that providing more opportunity to our students is a fantastic way to celebrate the college’s 50 years of service. When you give, brag about your generosity on your social media networks and ask your friends, family and colleagues to join you.
Here’s how #GivingOpporTuesday works:
- Go to atlantic.edu/foundation.
- Make a DONATION. You can give the suggested $25 or any amount you want.
- Write down WHY you made the donation on your personal message board*.
- Take a selfie or in this case an “UnSelfie” of yourself holding your message.
- Post, tweet, email and/or text your picture to everyone in your social media networks.
- Add a “CALL TO ACTION” such as Please help Atlantic Cape students – donate today…I did or Please join me and donate at atlantic.edu/foundation.
- If you prefer to write a check, that’s great too. Please make your check payable to: Atlantic Cape Foundation. Mail your check to: Atlantic Cape Community College Foundation, 5100 Black Horse Pike, President’s Office, Mays Landing, NJ 08330
*Go to atlantic.edu/foundation for your UNselfie message board. The Unselfie message board is a template for YOUR personal statement of generosity.
If you have already made a contribution to the #GivingOpporTuesday effort, we thank you. If you have not, we encourage you to help Atlantic Cape students now at atlantic.edu/foundation!
For more information about the #GivingTuesday movement, go to givingtuesday.org.