Atlantic Cape Community College will offer introductory training for those interested in a career as a security officer. The 24-hour course applies to all security practitioners and former law enforcement personnel tasked with the safety and security of the businesses they serve.
New Jersey Security Officer Registration Act (SORA) Training includes:
- Homeland Security and Counter Terrorism
- Communications/Emergency Response
- Theft Prevention and Deterrence
- Limits on the Use of Force
- Detention of Suspects and Physical Restraint
- Ethics and Professional Conduct
- First Aid/CPR/AED
- Fire Prevention
- Report Writing
George Saunders, a certified NJ SORA instructor with 35 years of law enforcement experience, will lead the course. Students must obtain temporary state certification before enrolling in the course. The class will be offered 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Oct. 27-29, at the Mays Landing Campus, 5100 Black Horse Pike, Building T.
For more information or to register, call (609) 343-5655 or visit www.atlantic.edu/conted.