A note from Anita Polanco, assistant director, Educational Opportunity Fund Program:
Dear Faculty and/or Staff Members,
We are excited to announce the continuation of the Leadership Education and Development (L.E.A.D) Program. Your past nominations have helped identify Board of Trustees Student Representatives and other college and community leaders.
Faculty and staff members are asked to identify students they feel have leadership potential and may be willing to participate in leadership activities throughout the 2016-2017 academic year. Once nominated, the students will receive an invitation to interview with the L.E.A.D. program selection committee. Selected students will have the opportunity to participate in leadership training and represent the college at various events throughout the year.
The L.E.A.D Committee will inform students of their nomination and check eligibility requirements.
The following is a list of eligibility requirements and qualities committee members will be looking for during the interview process:
- Earn a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better
- Plan to return during the 2016-2017 academic year
- Display leadership roles in the classroom and /or on campus
- Demonstrate evidence of being a team player
- Show evidence of being responsible in the classroom and/or on campus
- Show enthusiasm for helping others
Please email your nomination with the student’s full name and college wide ID number to Anita Polanco at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 1, 2016.