Atlantic Cape Community College will hold an information session about its new Line Locator for the Natural Gas Industry training, 10 a.m., Tuesday, May 12. Training begins June 15.
The Line Locator for the Natural Gas Industry is a comprehensive 10-day course that includes classroom and field training. Topics include:
- Basic map reading and interpretation
- Using locator equipment safely
- Teambuilding and communication skills
- General knowledge of utility construction patterns and layout
- General knowledge of state and local damage prevention regulations
- Locator competency standards and pipeline safety
- Introduction to Word/resume writing
Students can earn industry credentials from the Northeast Gas Association, including: Locating Utilities-Operator Qualification-Task 21 and Abnormal Operating Conditions-Operator Qualifications-Task 70. There are jobs available locally for those who pass the exams.
Those interested in registering for the program must attend the May 12 information session at Atlantic Cape’s Mays Landing Campus, 5100 Black Horse Pike, Building T. To register, visit www.atlantic.edu/ce or call (609) 343-5688.