In the continuation of the Leadership Education and Development (LEAD) Program, Counseling and Support Services is once again seeking nominations from faculty and staff. Past nominations have helped identify SGA Presidents, Board of Trustees alumni representatives and other college leaders.
Identify students you feel have leadership potential and may be willing to participate in leadership activities throughout the 2015-2016 academic year. Once nominated, the students will receive an invitation to interview with the Leadership Program Selection Committee. Selected students will have the opportunity to participate in leadership training and represent the college at various events throughout the year.
The Leadership Program Selection Committee will inform students of their nomination and confirm eligibility requirements.
The following is a list of eligibility requirements and qualities committee members will be looking for during the interview process:
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Plan to return during the 2015-2016 academic year
- Display leadership roles in the classroom and /or on campus
- Demonstrate initiative in the classroom and/or on campus
- Demonstrate evidence of being a team player
- Show evidence of being open-minded
- Show evidence of being responsible in the classroom and/or on campus
- Show enthusiasm for helping others
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills
Email your nomination with the student’s full name and college wide ID number to Anita Polanco at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 6.