Christopher J. Carrozza, CPA, our VALIC Financial Planning Advisor, will present a 45-minute seminar titled “Social Security – What You Need to Know to Maximize Your Retirement Income,” 2:30 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 3, in J-207 of the Mays Landing Campus.
This seminar is available to all employees and their spouses whether or not they have an existing VALIC relationship. Chris will also be available prior and subsequent to the seminar for individual consultations; contact Chris directly to reserve a meeting time. Chris will cover the following subjects during the seminar:
- When to begin your Social Security benefits to maximize your lifetime retirement income. Should you take early payments, begin payments at full retirement age, or delay taking benefits?
- How to capitalize on benefits you may be entitled to based on your spouse’s earnings. Should you take only your benefits, your spouse’s benefits, or a combination of the two?
- Understand the potential impact continuing to work has on your ability to collect Social Security benefits while still working
- Benefits for divorced spouses
- How to enhance survivor income
- Planning for the tax consequences of Social Security benefits
- The benefits of filing and suspending benefits
- Building an income bridge to enable you to delay receipt of Social Security benefits
To register go to my.valic.com/seminarregistration/ and enter registration code: ACCCAP11AA.
You can contact Chris’s retirement planning assistant, Scott Mueller, at (908) 470-4134 or email email@example.com.