Are you unemployed and looking for a career in the gas industry? Atlantic Cape Community College will hold an information session about its new Construction Operator Technician Program at 9 a.m., Wednesday, Sept. 24. Training begins Oct. 27.
The Construction Operator Technician Training Program is a comprehensive 124-hour course that includes classroom training, online work and field training. Topics include:
- Pipe fitting, fusion, installation and inspection
- Leak detection and gas meter regulation
- Accident awareness and prevention
- Voltage/current diagnostics and calibration
- Blueprint and pipeline drawings
- Resume writing and Heartsaver CPR/AED/First Aid
Upon completion of the course, students will be prepared to take the North East Gas Association New Construction Operator Qualification Exam. There are jobs available locally for those who pass the exam. For a list of program prerequisites and additional information, visit http://www.atlantic.edu/conted.
Information session attendees should bring a copy of their high school diploma or GED and valid driver’s license. To register, visit http://www.atlantic.edu/ce or call (609) 343-5688.