Atlantic Cape Community College will hold an information session regarding its new Construction Operator Technician Program at 9:30 a.m., Tuesday, Sept. 9.
The Construction Operator Technician Training Program is a comprehensive 124-hour course that includes three days of technical class work with an online component, five days of classroom training and 10 days of field training.
Training topics include:
- Pipe fitting, fusion, installation and inspection
- Leak detection and gas meter regulation
- Accident awareness and prevention
- Voltage/current diagnostics and calibration
- Blueprint and pipeline drawings
- Resume writing and Heartsaver CPR/AED/First Aid
Upon completion of the course, students will be prepared to take the National Gas Association New Construction Operator Qualification Exam. For a list of program prerequisites and additional information, visit http://www.atlantic.edu/conted.
The information session will be held on the Mays Landing Campus, 5100 Black Horse Pike, on Tuesday, Sept. 9, at 9:30 a.m. in Building T. Attendants should bring copies of their high school diploma or GED and valid driver’s license. To register, visit http://www.atlantic.edu/conted or call (609) 343-5688.